Thursday, March 19, 2020

Welcome to The Psych Student Blog!

Welcome to The Psych Student!

Well, as a blog. My name is Spencer. I hosted a podcast called The Psych Student: Undergrad Edition podcast for a little under a year. Incidentally, as I'm writing (and trying not to goof on spelling and grammar) the podcast (or at least the undergrad edition) is coming to a close. However, with my renewed interest and mysteriously open schedule, I've decided to start a blog to expand on some of the topics I discuss on the podcast. My reasoning behind this is simple: I think I write way better than I can speak. Anxiety, imposter syndrome, and pretty anything else under the sun habitats my thoughts when I start recording... which then leads to me saying dumb stuff. To those of you out there that have listened to my podcast, you probably already know that! Jokes aside, let me get to what you want to know. 

What is this blog going to be about? 

As I've said, I want to expand on what I talked about on The Psych Student podcast and go further - dig deeper into areas of psychology that we all want to know more about... issues which we need to know more about to experience more satisfied, self-transforming living. I want this blog to go beyond being just about a student. I want it go past graduation and into the living lives of psychology students and others that might find it useful. Weird sentence, but bare with me.

What will each post look like? 

Each post will be about something different. I hope to post once a week for the foreseeable future on a different topic concerning psychology and hopefully directly relating to student life.

What I expect from you?

I really don't expect much from you, the reader, other than that we maintain this blog, the related podcast, and corresponding website as a safe place where we can discuss the topics I will present and comment on. I would also ask that you share or recommend this blog, podcast, and website to someone who might be interested; a student, a friend, a family member - whoever you have in mind.

You should also know that although I want to have many of these posts as research based as possible, there is a limit in my knowledge in some of these areas... meaning, I will sometimes rely on my own superficial thoughts and feelings, as well as rely on your experiences and thoughts.

Let's make this a fun, interesting environment where we can, as psychology students or interested individuals, learn more about our field!

Check for our first OFFICIAL topic post April 20th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment